Your Privacy Rights
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes the information that Michaels Stores, Inc., its affiliated companies, subsidiaries and service partners (collectively, “Michaels”) collects about you; how we use and protect this information; and the choices you can make about how we use this information.
Information Covered by This Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to information, including personal information, collected about you by Michaels. Personal information is information that could reasonably allow you to be identified. Some Michaels.com pages may contain links to non-Michaels sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of those sites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
- The information we collect
- How we use this information
- Your choices and access to your information
- How to opt in and opt out of communications
- Information sharing and our service providers
- Information security
- Children’s online privacy
- How to contact us
- Changes to this privacy statement
- State and country specific information
- Mobile text terms and conditions
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly; information we collect about you when you visit our sites, use our services (including our app), or view our online advertisements; and information we collect about you from other sources (where permitted by law). We collect personal information about our users over time and across different websites when you use this website or service. Third party service providers may also collect personal information this way.
Information we collect directly from you:
We collect information directly from you when you choose to register with our site or app, participate in our offers and programs, purchase products from our site, call Customer Care, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Name, email address, postal address
- Username and password. 男性保健品哪种好 男性保健品哪种好 ,娇妻出轨之谜绿帽的哀号 娇妻出轨之谜绿帽的哀号 ,免费成年人性知识视频 免费成年人性知识视频
- Phone number or mobile number.
- Date of birth.
- Demographic information.
- Payment information (such as a credit card).
- Future communication preferences.
- Information provided when you communicate with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Information we collect when you visit our sites, use our services, or view our online advertisements:
- Your browser type and operating system.
- Web pages you view.
- Links you click.
- IP address.
- Site you visited before coming to our site.
- Michaels emails you open and/or forward.
- Michaels offers or links you connect to via emails.
Information we collect from other sources:
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases. The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address.
- Income level.
- Marital status and number of children.
- Your interests such as hobbies and pets.
- Consumer and market research data.
- Purchase behavior.
- Publicly observed data or activities, such as blogs, videos, internet postings, user generated content, and in-store shopping behavior.
All of the information we collect about you may be combined, which helps us tailor our communications to you and maximize your customer experience with Michaels.
Some pages on our Site or app may contain links to non-Michaels sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of those sites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. When a user turns on DNT, the browser may send a signal or other message to web services requesting that they “do not track” the user. At this time, we do not change our practices in response to Do Not Track browser settings. For information about do not track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
We use the information we collect to provide the products and services you request, to tell you about other products and services offered by Michaels, and to manage our sites and services.
The following are ways we may use the information we collect about you:
- Send offers and information.
- Develop new products and services.
- Enroll you in contests, programs, or offers you request.
- To provide you with other services that we have offered to you
- Create and manage your account.
- Process payment for purchases or other services.
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- Provide you with customized, unsolicited offers and information about Michaels products and services.
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests.
- Analyze the use of our products, services and sites.
- Understand how you arrived at our site.
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage or protect our business.
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
Electronic and Mobile Communications. We only send you promotional mobile or email messages if you provide us with your contact information and opt in to receive the messages. You can stop receiving promotional mobile and email messages from Michaels by following the instructions provided in any such message you receive.
Postal Mail. We may mail you unsolicited offers or product information that we believe is of interest to you. Promotional postal mail may contain opt out instructions, and you can stop receiving promotional postal mail from us by following those instructions.
Access. You can view, correct or update the personal contact information you provide us on our site by navigating to “My Michaels” and logging in with your username and password. See Access Requests to learn more about your data rights.
We provide you the opportunity to opt-in and to opt-out of receiving communications from Michaels. You can opt-out as follows:
Online. Visit the “Contact Us” form on our website, and submit the completed form.
By email. Send an email to email@example.com from your email address of record with a subject line of UNSUBSCRIBE.
Click “Unsubscribe.” Each email we send you contains an “UNSUBSCRIBE” link at the bottom of the email. Open your email, click “UNSUBSCRIBE”, and follow the instructions on the screen to change your communication preferences.
By phone. Call 1-800-MICHAELS and ask to be removed from future mailings.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to stop receiving promotional messages from us, we will honour your request. However, we will continue to send you service related communications, for example emails about your online purchases and we may need to keep the information we have collected about you for record keeping, analysis or other reasons, to the extent permitted by law.
Tracking Tools: Cookies, Web Beacons and other Technologies
We may use tracking tools to serve you with interest-based advertising and to better understand your behaviours and browsing activities. We might permit third parties to gather information through our websites, including for behavioral advertising purposes. You can opt out of online behavioral advertising by going to www.aboutads.info/choices.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails. We may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in e-mails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Other Technologies. Examples of other technologies we may use to provide better service to you include:
- Web Session Variables. Information that is passed from one web URL to another as you browse.
- Browser plug-ins/add-ons. Additional web components that may need to be installed to enable certain web features on our sites. You have the option not to install these components.
Third-party service providers. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal information with them. Please note that we provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform their services and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfill your product and service requests, including sharing data with payment providers to process your online orders, and share with delivery providers in order to deliver your orders.
- To answer your questions.
- Host our sites, manage our app, and deliver our email and mobile messages.
- Manage and monitor product reviews and comments;
- Contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyze data, sometimes combined with other sources, to send more targeted communications to you.
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our products, services and sites.
In addition we may also rely on a service provider to:
- Where permitted by law, combine personal information about you that Michaels has collected with personal information about you that our business partner has collected so we can jointly send tailored promotional communications to you. In such instances, our business partner will not have direct access to any information we share about you with the service provider, and only the service provider will be allowed to use the combined set of information to send you joint communications that we hope will be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive these joint communications, you can always opt out by following the instructions provided in any such communication or by logging in to your account and changing your communication settings.
- Perform other services that we request.
We provide our service providers with the personal information they need to provide these services on our behalf. We contractually require these companies to protect this personal information with adequate physical, technological procedural safeguards, and to not use the information for any other purpose.
Other situations. We may disclose your personal information
- If Michaels, a Michaels entity or business is sold to another company;
- To protect and defend the rights and property of our customers, the public, or Michaels (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions); and
- When we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with law, regulatory requirements, or requests from public authorities.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated information that cannot identify you for general business analysis. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to Michaels sites or services.
User Generated Content
Some Michaels sites or app functionality enable users to submit their own content for contests, blogs, product reviews, videos, and other functions. Please remember that any such information you disclose becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding what to disclose in a submission. Michaels cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Privacy Statement, the law, or your personal privacy and safety. Michaels is not responsible for user generated content. User generated content remains the sole responsibility of the person who submitted it.
We use technical, physical, and procedural measures to safeguard your personal and other information from unauthorized access, alteration or use. No such measure is ever 100% effective, so we do not guarantee that your personal and other information will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such information. Users are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of their own passwords. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us at 1-800-MICHAELS (1-800-642-4235).
Please note that email may not be encrypted and cannot be considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers. Michaels will never ask you to submit your credit card information via email.
Storage and Retention
Personal information provided to Michaels is stored in the company's databases outside of Canada, including in the United States and may be subject to disclosure to authorized law enforcement or government agencies in response to lawful demand pursuant to the laws of that country.
We will only maintain personal information as long as is reasonably necessary, and thereafter will securely destroy or will anonymize such data.
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to participate in and monitor their online activity.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 online.
You can view, correct or update most of your personal contact information you provide us on our site by navigating to “My Michaels” and logging in with your username and password.
If you wish to access, review or correct the personal information we maintain about you, please contact Michaels in writing.
Contact Us by Mail:
Michaels Stores, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
8000 Bent Branch Dr.
Irving, TX 75063
Contact Us by Email:
We will post changes to this Privacy Statement and update the effective date when this Privacy Statement is updated. The changes will take effect as soon as posted. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
This Privacy Statement is drafted in English and French. In the event of a discrepency or conflict between the English and French language versions, the English language version of this Privacy Statement shall prevail.
Consumers With Disabilities
We are committed to world-class service for all of our guests. In compliance with federal, provisional, and local laws, we provide effective communication with our hearing-impaired customers and assistance for customers with any special need. Please let us know how we can accommodate you!
If you have any questions about anything in this Privacy Statement or about our privacy practices, you may contact in the follow ways.
Contact Us by Mail:
Michaels Stores, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
8000 Bent Branch Dr.
Irving, TX 75063
Contact Us by Phone:
Monday – Friday : 8 AM to 7 PM CST
Saturday: 9 AM to 6 PM CST
Contact Us by Email:
This site is owned and operated by Michaels Stores, Inc. located at 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, Texas 75063.
Last Updated: October 2018